Friday, September 29, 2006

On Tattoos

I've just been checking out a conversation on the humble tattoo, over at Vibewire. And I thought I'd re-post my thoughts here, seeing as:

a) I haven't written on this topic before; and
b) it's Friday; and ergo
c) I'm too lazy to think up something more original.

Basically, when it comes to tattoos, I'm a fan. However, I
do shout out a big 'beware!' to all who are pondering 'to tatt or not to tatt' - what you should know, no, what you MUST
know, is this: tattoos are addictive!

I have two - one on my lower tum-tum, which, since going through 2 pregnancies now looks less like a beautiful dove flying through eternity and more like a hardened magpie struggling through a cyclone.

BUT...at least it's now truly original.

My second one is on my lower back (yes, I'm one of THOSE people) and was done on a whim (actually it was almost a dare), but years later I'm happy to report that I still love it.

But...every few months or so, I feel that itch to get another. Will I or won't I? Who knows? Ooh, the anticipation! Please, pop a sedative and sit down, won't you?

But the point is, be warned: tattoos are like Pringles - once you pop, you can't stop!

Though hopefully you wouldn't actually 'pop' during the
event, but you know...the sentiment's the same. :-)

No comments: