Sunday, May 18, 2008

The b'day party that ended in stitches

Well, almost.

After a near perfect day, including the morning spent at the fanchasmic Canmore Children's Festival, then the afternoon (otherwise known as Cay's b'day party) spent frolicking on waterslides in Banff, it concluded with the birthday boy slipping on a top step and inflicting a nasty cut on his eye.

Poor little dude.

Luckily, we had this to distract/compensate with:

Please note: I'm only proud of this because:

a) I am SOOO crap at doing the cake thing.

and

b) Cay is particularly pedantic and when he asked for a Batman cake and I could find no black icing in a 100km radius of Canmore, I was completely and utterly resigned to the fact that no matter what I did, he'd pull a Donald Trump on me at the presentation of my assignment.

But he loved it. And coming from a newly-4-year-old with a cut to the eye and a birthday perogative to cry if he wants to, that's sayin something.

ROCK!

PS Thanks to Girl Clumsy for the icing advice!

2 comments:

Girl Clumsy said...

Hey Jen - looks great!

It certainly turned out a lot better than my last cake effort. I was trying to colour the icing differently so I could construct a picture of a "printing press" (for the cast party of our play about a newspaper). Of course, I put too much milk in the icing and it all ran together, winding up looking like a amorphous green mass.

I ended up just using the icing stuff to write 'The Truth 2008' on it. At least something worked! It's good stuff, and looks a treat on yours.

Cheers, Nat.

Miss Construed... said...

Batman you say?

At first glance I thought it was an attempt at a map...

Of Australia!

Hope the Cay-Man had a great day!