Wednesday, April 19, 2006

6 Things I Hate About Me

Wow. My first blog-tag. This trip is really turning into a life-time landmark.

Yah, so PunkRockMama has given me my mission, the rules and regulations of which are as follows: *clearing throat*

1. Reveal six weird facts/things/habits about yourself and then tag six people.

2. Leave a “You’re Tagged!” comment to let the people you have tagged know they have to reveal six things (or the entire blogosphere will explode and it will be their fault).

3. Leave me a comment letting me know that you have completed your mission (if you have chosen to accept it!)

Okay, so here goes:

1. While I'm addicted to blogging, I never complete these chain e-mail type reveals - I enjoy reading others' responses but I figure I'm self-absorbed enough as it is and already in danger of proclaiming national 'Let's just read all about Jenny!' week any day now. I'm sure I will one day, just as soon as I can find space on my Yahoo calendar.

2. I'm phone-a-phobic. I'd MUCH rather have a microphone in a room full of thousands of people than chat on the dirty old telephone. Luckily I have a 3-year-old PA who helps me out with that.

3. I have a phobia of public toilets. This multiplies exponentially when camping.

4. Being in libraries, book-stores or being struck by a bolt of inspiration has an automatic 'Jenny-you-need-to-go-to-the-toilet-right-now' effect. This causes me no end of trauma (see point number three). Subsequently I'm looking at installing an at-home library/bookstore/muse.

5. I practice my comedy in the car, sometimes without even realising that I'm doing so. This can be incredibly embarrassing when I realise that the person in the next car has caught glimpse of me - especially if I'm working on my 'baby-cam' bit (which, for those of you who haven't had the dubious pleasure of seeing it, is basically a physicalisation of a baby coming out of the canal - and no, I'm not talking Panama).

6. Sometimes when using a public toilet I get stage-fright and have to coach myself into peeing by saying stuff like 'Jen, you gave birth in front of a room full of strangers - a little widdle really ain't that bad.' Yes I'm a freak.

Oh crikey. When the hell did this become a toilet blog? I'm doomed.

Okay, I'm tagging:

1. Ash and Leon http://thevirginandtherecidivist.blogspot.com/

Cos they both make me laugh and I want to see if life abroad has in any way affected their quirkiness.

2. My hubby http://lifeofastudentteacherwithkids.blogspot.com/

Cos he might just respond in haiku.

3. Gem http://gempires.blogspot.com/

Cos she's the first blogger I ever followed and I'm nothing if not loyal. (I don't know if that even made sense - I'm sorry I'm surviving on VERY little sleep)

4. TimT http://willtypeforfood.blogspot.com/

Cos he never writes about anything personal so I'm intrigued to see how he fields this one.

5. Chris Daniel http://ibizachris.blogspot.com/

Cos he's a dude.

6. Bart Freebarin http://spaces.msn.com/tantyFist/

Cos I can hardly understand his random wacked-out musings so an unpredictable response is virtually guaranteed.

8 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

1) I don't do mornings!!! Cannot stand the early hours of the day..yet, I awaken for the last month or so at around 5a.m...then I get shitty at myself and cannot get back to sleep..beat that aye!
2) I love to sing and dance no matter where I am..even if my kids say, "Mum, stop, youre not a very good singer". Nice of them I say..because it worked until they got to age 4 at getting them to sleep!
3) I seem to be the only person on the planet who, if they won tattslotto, would still continue to do some form of work. I love being a nurse so I would continue to do that.
4) Related to point 3) If I won tattslotto I would take up painting again..have more free time to do this.
5) If I had the guts to do it I would do stand up comedy, I love going to shows and the Comedy Theatre, we used to go about 4 times a year when I was at Uni.
6) If I could be reincarnated I would come back as a Butterfly, because they are beautiful.

Jenny Wynter said...

Yes, I can relate to the song and dance thing - I have a habit of bursting into full musical form at any given moment. Even during arguments, which as my hubby will attest, can be rather awkward.

Him: "Stop picking on me."
Me: "Climb every mountain...forward every stream..."

You get the gist.

Gemnastics said...

done and done!
http://gempires.blogspot.com/2006/04/pre-empted-blog-tag.html

amanda said...

Oh my god--I have the same problem in bookstores! You tagged some great people, so now how am I going to get anything done today??

Miss Construed... said...

Whistling very quietly works for me in public loo's. It also works a dandy on your horse if you want them to pee just before you have to compete in a show-jumping competition- but that's a trade secret- so tell no-one!

Miss Construed... said...

Oh, and so does rubbing your belly button- but I'm truly not sure why...

Jenny Wynter said...

rn_buffoon - My hubby recommends tickling just above the ass for finding the flow. Then again, this is coming from a man who thinks empty jam jars are best kept in the fridge.

Chris - don't be bitter. Just open up your heart, baby.

Jenny Wynter said...

Mango Lick - I love you!! Yah, video stores are a trigger for me also. Especially the TV series section (don't ask)