Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My first piece of fan-mail!

I just received this ever-so-lovely e-mail from a lady called Amanda who caught my first Melbourne gig last week - I chatted to her from on-stage during my set and she was apparently chuffed enough to drop me a line. Subsequently I am apparently chuffed enough to drop her line into my blog. In fact, I may even be chuffed enough to print it out, frame it and hang it on my wall. Oh hang on...on second thought I take that back. There is no WAY I'm that organised.

Anyhoo, yay for my first ever piece of fan-mail. Even if it's the last, I'm just so thrilled to have any. How's that for refreshing un-jadedness?

***

Hi Jenny,

I just wanted to say a very belated THANKS for being such a funny chick & being proud to be a mummy!!!

Yay, about time some of us did it.

Caught you at the Elephant & Wheelbarrow last Wed (was, wait, am friend of Carolyn Chillura's) - I'm the chick that had the weird morning & took my 3 year old to uni - the 3 year old who is obviously incredibly intellegent (or who has a mummy who is incredibly stressed!)

Really enjoyed it and wish there were more out there like you!

Am bribing and throwing some tanties in order to try to get out & catch you again whilst you're still in Melb! (not looking good at moment, you know, kids, hubby etc etc)

Anyhoo, thanks again & good luck with the rest of your tour :)

Amanda xo
www.realmums.com.au

3 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Hi there, I am a mother of four sproutlings under the age of 9yrs..yes..I know I am mad and that I am an adult with ADD now!! What the heck hey!!
I also work and I stand myself corrected, I have 5 sproutlings, that includes my husband of ten years..ever the child that I love, LOL!!
I have added you to my blog links as I just love comedy. We will try and catch your gigs when you are in Melbourne.
Cheers...I got your blog off of a comment on my friend Rebecca's blog BTW.
Cheers, Cazzie!!!

Tim Norton said...

yay for random fan mail!

Jenny Wynter said...

Hooray indeed - though I suppose if it was completely random it would have been from someone in Cambodia who'd never even seen or heard of me and just decided to post through some undies in the mail.

Disturbing? Slightly. But random? Most definitely.