Sunday, March 16, 2008

Quick cyber-postcard from the road

Hey dudes!

I'm in Saskatchewan doing my first tour as a headliner! BTW, Saskatchewan is the big state right next door to Alberta which is filled with pretty much fifty million hectares of wheat fields - I realised how understimulated I was on the drive when I started staring at clouds and going "Wow. Stuff to look at."

Anyhoo, after the ridiculous 9 hour drive from my hometown (I haven't risen before 5am since the kids were bubbas) I was pretty trashed but it was so fun. The crowd in Saskatoon was definitely one of the most incredibly up-for-it and eager-to-be-pleased bunch I've EVER encountered. There were even festoon lights in the room, how cool is that? This is only my second tour here admittedly, but I must admit the novelty doesn't seem to be wearing off anytime soon. I actually really dig living out of a suitcase and exploring hotels and new towns and stuff. Next month looks like I'll be up at Edmonton - the hubbster and kidlets will be along for that one - so yay.

I wish I had something more eloquent to write to update this, however I'm in my hotel lobby now in Regina before we gig tonight - the sign next to me to 'please govern your time accordingly' so consider my brief update me simply governing my butt.

Wish you were here!

xx

4 comments:

Merrilee said...

Check out Rapid Fire in Edmonton if you get a chance - I'd be keen to know what they're like!
Tristan is from there

Anonymous said...

Okay, so festoon's not a hat as I previously thought, (as in: Mr Rickards is the only guy I know outdoorsy enough to have bought and to actively be using his 'festoon' light).
You however, definitely need to add the word 'gubernatorial' to yr vocab, Jen. As in: "my gubernatorial ethics were temporally checked and correct, as per the sign's request").
No thanks necessary...

Anonymous said...

Sasketchewan? Where next - Punxatawny? Alberquerque? I'm half-expecting to see a guest post by Yosemite Sam or Daffy Duck...

Jenny Wynter said...

Mezz - Thanks for the tip babe, I'll hunt them down like helpless elk - I may skin them, I haven't decided yet.

Leon - No thanks given. ;-)

Mr Anon - Don't laugh, that may just happen!