Wednesday, March 19, 2008

RIP Anthony Minghella

This afternoon, post-grocery shop and feeling rather satisfied with myself, I hear the news and find that I'm genuinely saddened (as opposed to tears of the crocodile variety I suppose) to hear of the sudden passing of the truly excellent Anthony Minghella.

Amongst many other gems, I'll remember him best for directing one of my all-time favourite films Truly Madly Deeply (as I recall, I pretty much cried solidly from one minute in until the end of the damn thing) - what an incredibly truthful, charming and original foray into the nature of grief that was.

Thanks man.

RIP.

2 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

I absoluley love that film. One of my favourites.

Sad news indeed.

Jenny Wynter said...

I know. I'm gonna try and get it out sometime soon again. It just kills me every time.