Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rejection and disjointed ramblings

So...I finally got an email back from LA Comedy Festival and da-da-da-da! Rejection. Dangedy dang dang. Sometimes I feel so frustrated with myself for letting stuff like that get me down even when I've had so many awesome things happen lately. But I guess that is the nature of this beast. You put yourself out there - you're gonna get rejected.

Sigh.

In other news, we cross-country skiied SIX KILOMETRES today. That's right. Most of which was uphill. Three kilometres of which I dragged behind my little skiing buttocks a sled full of not one, but two children. Then upon arriving home, I promptly collapsed into a slumber of Sleeping Beauty proportions for two and a half hours.

Also this week, Ella lost another tooth and learned to ride a bike without training wheels. Damn childhood goes by past. Tim has already started googling 'constructing chastity belts.'

What an incredibly disorganised blog entry. I'm tempted to edit but...nah. There's the latest episode of Lost to catch up on. Ciao!

2 comments:

Girl Clumsy said...

Hey Jen,

Sorry to hear about the LA festival. I wouldn't let it get you down too much though - you really have been doing awesome things career wise, and for every door closed there'll be another one that opens (or the same door re-opening at a later date!)

Still, I do have to ask what the hell is fun about cross country skiing. To me, the whole fun of skiing is letting gravity do most of the work!

Cheers, Natalie.

Jenny Wynter said...

Thanks Nat, I appreciate that. It's okay, I know that it's the deal and I'm definitely one of those 'I'd rather know than not try' kinda gals, it's just...well, I can best liken it to years ago at university when a guy I was going out with broke up with me. The thing is, I wasn't even that keen on him so it wasn't like my heart was broken or anything, but it made me realise that no matter who it comes from, rejection just hurts.

I gotta toughen me up!

Cross country skiing - I love it just cos it feels like you're getting an amazing work-out but there's some sense of achievement in staying balanced. Plus just being outside in the snow and in the middle of the gorgeous forest and mountains is enough for me. I never thought I'd be such a snow bunny!