Thursday, August 17, 2006

Cheryl King, Chicago City Limits & Woodford Folk Festival

Just a quickie before bed (please refrain from innuendo):

1. Interviewed Cheryl King, an incredibly inspiring woman who after fifteen years as a stand-up comedian, successfully made the transition to full-length one-woman shows and now performs, writes, directs and produces shows - both hers and others'. At the end of our interview she even said "If you ever want to put your show on in New York, make sure you let me know!"

If there's one thing this trip has done, it's that it's made everything seem so possible.

2. Then had the pleasure of interviewing Robert Schiffman from Chicago City Limits - wow, talk about informative AND inspiring! As a performer, director, former musical director and now touring company director of the company (which, for those of you who aren't in on the improv scene, is one of the BEST improv companies in the USA and the longest running in New York) Rob was well equipped to share advice on everything from rehearsal processes to what he looks for during improv auditions.

3. Got an e-mail saying that I've been invited to perform at this year's Woodford Folk Festival. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To top off this fabulous day, my father-in-law e-mailed me some photos of Ella's birthday lunch.

They made me smile and smile more than any comedy I've seen.

Which brings me to my final point - as amazing as this whole experience as been, I am SOOOOOOO ready to scoop up my kids and cuddle them. I don't think I'll let go for days. Until of course, they start whingeing again. Then I'm sure I'll be wishing myself back to the Land of the Free.

But for now, indulge me in my idealised vision of mummy-ness.

Cuddles, cuddles, cuddles.

1 comment:

Merrilee said...

That's definitely a "SO Ella" photo i think.
very cute

xx Mezz