Thursday, March 15, 2007

You've lost that blogging feeling...

Stop the serenading now, please...I get it.

I suck. I'm terrible. You've all been tearing your hair out, jumping up and down and hosing down your bedroom walls with tomato sauce purely to spite me. Why, oh why, have I left it this long between blogs?

Well, my dears, there is one main reason for the state of things this week (incidentally, the title of one of my all-time favourite songs):

1. We have been uprooted from our home for the past week, vacating it so that my brother's girlfriend Sammy could have her family stay for the week of festival-like celebrations that marked her 21st birthday. I could write a lot more about this, but won't.

This is my dilemma - I WANT to write so many things on this blog but then can't, cos I've learned the hard way that assuming the people you're writing about won't ever stumble across said entry in cyberspace is as stupid as assuming that leaving a bottle of shaving cream on the bathroom floor won't be discovered and subsequently played with gleefully by your resident small children. Not that I've done that. Moving on.

I'm seriously thinking about keeping this blog for the generic 'wacka wacka' type entries on life, pop culture and funny comedic anecdotes, and moving the more personal or specific things I wish to blog about elsewhere. Not that I need another commitment in my life, but I do need an outlet. I'll keep you posted - if you're keen, comment or e-mail me and I'll be sure to let you in on the new 'secret' blog. So long as you're not freaky.

12 comments:

Girl Clumsy said...

Hey CM,

How much personal blogging is too much is always a good question.

I think we all like a good bit of goss, and blogging after all is all about voyeuerism - we like to get the low-down what makes others tick, what they're into - even if we don't know them!

A girl I know recently bagged my boyfriend on the blog of another girl, which was on the friends list of a good friend of mine... you know the windy paths these things take. Anyway the point is we discovered it and were quite offended. She made personal comments about a theatre production he directed that quite frankly were libellous. He wrote a short sharp response, and she apologised - although I get the feeling she didn't really mean it.

I think the idea that people might read what you say is a good thing -it keeps your thoughts in check, particularly when it comes to saying potentially controversial things about people you know.

If you do want an alternate outlet, it's probably best not to publicise it too much - otherwise people will still find it! ;) Then there's no point - you might as well just go nuts and slag people off right here!

Anyway, I'm just crapping on!

Cheers, Nat.

Louise said...

I can't promise I'm not freaky....

But secret blogging sounds like a good idea to me. I'm thinking of starting one of my own called "My Mother-in-law Is An Evil Vindictive Wench"- seriously the stuff she's done recently is stranger than fiction. But even though she's computer illiterate I cant risk saying it on my blog, just in case one day in the far far future she grows a heart and decides that I am not, after all, with her son purely to get my hands on the few dollars she has and therefore decides to be civil to me. Coz pigs MIGHT fly. You never know.

Whew- that feels better already!

Hey I've got an idea- lets start a team blog where we can vent all this stuff, and between the two of us there'll be enough posts without too much commitment. And we could even let some people join, but only if they have freaky relatives.

Girl Clumsy said...

Hey Louise,

Hope you don't mind me chipping in here - but I think your "Team Vent Blog" is a great idea! After all, most of the time we're happy creatures, so having a blog for several people to vent when the mood strikes them seems like a more ecnomical use of webspace (not that we're running short or anything, but you know what I mean!)

You could call it something like Mt Vesuvius - be prepared for it to blow its top!

Cheers, Natalie.

Louise said...

Ooh yeah, and with the by-line: "Like that zit that just keeps on growing- this is gonna get ugly."

Girl Clumsy said...

This is great - Jenny's going to wake up tomorrow, log on, and find we've nutted out a whole new way of angry blogging for her!

;) Nat.

Louise said...

perfect!

Louise said...

BWAAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

(I decided that as an after-thought The Plan needed an evil laugh.)

Anonymous said...

flame on ladies.
gossip is the thing wot keeps the universe turning, love merely keeps it regular. or is that guiness. happy st patrick's day...

Anonymous said...

ps: i'm just glad to get away from that kid-on-the-toilet spiel. i was having nightmares i tell u.

Jenny Wynter said...

Holy hell, you're right, I've woken up and discovered a whole new life path before me!!!

A venting blog sounds great, especially if it's under a pseudonym each. I like Mt Vesuvius, but now we'll have to change it so it's not traceable. Ho-hum. Let's do email.

Moihahahahhaa.

Jenny Wynter said...

Leon - sozzoms. I hate to be the one who brings nightmares, particularly of the toilet variety.

Sweet dreams, diddams. xx

Louise said...

Bwahahahaha...mwahahahaha... indeed

loudcreations@gmail.com