Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Waaaaaahhhh.

Last night I was supposed to be on my flight to a new exciting chapter of life! Instead I was in *drumroll please* the emergency room of Ipswich Hospital.

Believe me, that is no place I would go if I didn't really think it was necessary - and I ended up leaving without even seeing a doctor after realising some people had been already waiting almost six hours (I don't even like hanging around a place I LIKE for six hours!) - but the point is I'm feeling worse, there's still no sign of my passport and thus I have had to cancel, yes, CANCEL my time at Loose Moose Improv School. Oh alright 'postpone til next year' but that just doesn't sound as heartbreaking as this news has made me feel. Seriously, I haven't cried this much since watching Love Story in high school. What a loser.

But thanks guys for the messages of encouragement. I've laughed a lot at your prospective memoir titles!!! Sorry I haven't been commenting, but we've only just arrived at my in-laws - my mother-in-law is spoiling me with smoothies, sympathy and even booking me a proper doctor's appointment, and thus am just trying to ride the wave, get better and embrace our new plans as they come into being.

Woot.*

*Note: the above exclamation may have been one of hope, or merely a nose blow.

6 comments:

Girl Clumsy said...

Oh, Jenny, I'm so sorry to hear you're so unwell!

What are you plans now? Will you just go over with the rest of the family in a few weeks' time?

Best wishes anyway for a speedy recovery - and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, it will all be OK in the end. ;)

Louise said...

Yes, so sorry to hear you've been unwell too- that's just the straw to break the camel's back, huh.

[PAUSE WHILE I SHAKE MY TINY FIST AT THE ALMIGHTY CRUEL UNIVERSE]

I'm not sure that things always happen for a reason- sometimes that's a load of old codswallop- but I do think that there is always a way for things to turn out right in the end, and sometimes the extra time/hardship/etc sctually does help a bit.

You never know, the extra time you'll have had to settle in by next year might make for a better experience at the Improv School.

I know, that doesn't help much, does it.

[SHAKES FIST AGAIN]

Merrilee said...

Maybe Baby Jesus wants us to train together after all..

There's always a sunny side!

;-)

Anonymous said...

Jenny: the Mumoirs.

It's Not The End of the World, It's Just Armageddon

It's Not Just the Codral Speaking

An Unauthorised Autobiography

An Authorised Unautobiography

New York, One Red Cordial Bar at a Time

(In the absence of anything substantive to add. But seriously, bad luck doesn't last - things will get better.)

River said...

Remember, whenever you hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up.

Anonymous said...

That's terrible! I really hope things start getting better soon.