Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Don't say I didn't warn you

Today has been our first taste of chilly Canada weather and I have to say, it's really not that bad. Then again, ask me when it gets down to negative 35. I'm planning on sitting on the oven for six months.

Anyway, as promised/warned/threatened, here's some photos, photos, photos galore...
LEFT: Where we walk every day to get into town, all the time keeping an eye out for bears.






RIGHT: Our first beany clad outing - I'm not even sure Caleb could see.













LEFT: Note to Canada: these signs do NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING to allay tourist fears of meeting their end. Then again, maybe that's what you're going for. If so...carry on.




RIGHT: Oh boy, if we ever make it big, this is where I'm buying.





LEFT: This is the sign on the public bins - uh....do you think the innuendo is intentional?
























6 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Is there a guest wing in that baby for interlopers?

So 'can't wait' til you make it Big!

River said...

I've been waiting to strike it big forever, through the lottery. Unfortunately the only thing getting big around here is my bum.

Louise said...

Damn, Flickr is blocked again in china so I can't see the pics. I'll just have to imagine the splendour.

Hope you're having a BLAST!

Jenny Wynter said...

rn_buffoon - Haha, that's a pretty big 'if'! But 'IF' so, I'll be throwing parties for decades and you're totally invited.

River - You and me both. Northern America and their damn bagels...

Louise - Oh that sucks! Does it let you view them if I just put them in normally? i.e. not going through Flickr?

River said...

Not to mention those Krispy Kremes. Of course we don't have those here but we have a very acceptable substitute.

Louise said...

WOW! I can see the photo of the view from your balcony- I guess you put that one in normally (kiss kiss!)... and there is only one word to describe it: Stunning.