Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Pollyanna is back in da house!

Firstly, Mum's results are back and it's not cancer!!!!!! Woot!*

Turns out it's a rare blood disorder, it's still not good as such, but compared to the alternative it's damn fine news indeed. We celebrated with fish and chips on the wharf. Rock.

And thanks so much to all you guys for the kinds words of support. It's meant a lot. :-)

*Understatement of the year.

Secondly, we've got an abode in Canada!!! It's all but finalised, but I'm terribly relieved/excited to not only be moving ahead with our plans but to have the accommodation side sorted out and from the sounds of it, it's rocking accommodation at that. A two bedroom townhouse nestled in a gorgeous little town surrounded by mountains.

So...as it stands, we will all be jetting off on the 21st August - two weeks today, in fact. We're heading to Banff/Canmore (big ski area complemented by massive creative centre for the arts) for the first six months, then we'll see. If we're loving it we'll hang around, if we're hungry for more we'll head to Toronto. Or maybe Vancouver. Or wherever tickles our fancy at the time. For as we all well know, time can bring a lot of changes. And surprises. And stuff.

But thus far, there stands the plan.

*madly knocking wood*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that's a relief all round. Good to know things are finally resolving themselves.

Word verification - idqunj. I couldn't agree more!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the better news and the possibility of a lovely new dwelling :-)

(Blogging Chicks)

Merrilee said...

hooray!!
So can we catch up for a goodbye coffee? (seeing as I missed the goodbye party?)

:)

Jenny Wynter said...

Anon - idqunj indeed. And, may I add, jtff8l.

howtome - thanks, both for the nice words and for stopping by. :-)

Mezza - would LOVE to...however probably only gonna happen if you can come to me. I'm afraid I'm stranded out here in Kalbar with no car. :-( It's just over an hour out of Brissie...you're welcome to come over!!! xx

Miss Construed... said...

Teef...I love that word.

The 21st?It's coming so quickly!

Louise said...

Yes ditto ditto!- looks like I'm a bit late on this one, but.... CONGRATS on the house- soon to be a home- and I am so happy for you and your fam with the news about your mum.

As a fellow honorary canadian (or so I am labelled by my Canadian other half Phil)... Welcome!

However as a fellow actual Australian it is sad that you are moving to Canada when we are moving to Oz next year- you see, I had big plans of tracking you down scary-stalker-style and running up to you at some gig and saying "It's me!!!"... Now I guess it'll just have to happen somewhere in Canada the next time we are there!