Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cold, cold and National Lampoon

So the last few days we've finally been battling SERIOUS cold - as in temperatures below minus 30, as in walking even metres outside turns your entire nostril in a frozen goods aisle, as in going into the cold-room at the bottle shop (as Leon and I did the night before their departure) actually feels WARM.

Today's a little milder - hopefully we'll make it up the ski hill again sometime this week. And Ella has been harrassing me to take her ice-skating again, so we'll see how the day eventuates. The only thing that comforts me in times of extreme frozen-ness is knowing that in other parts of Canada it is a lot worse.

In other bright news, I've finally sent out my promo pack to tons of peeps round the country so I guess we'll just see what happens. I honestly feel really cool about it all right now (no pun intended), just satisfied to know that no matter what happens, I've given it a good shot.

Oh and in really cool but kinda strange news, I'm the lead story at the moment on National Lampoon's website - I'm not complaining! Props to the very excellent comedy website IJoke.Tv who I suspect are the folks who put NL onto my stuff.

Quote of the day...
Caleb: "I saw a snake once. It was a Batman snake."

4 comments:

Girl Clumsy said...

My goodness. To think I was there when Beatta's performance poetry was captured for all ages...!

... I think I'm going to have to stop reading your blog for a while - at least until I can pull myself out of a jealousy-and-frustration inspired blue funk.

I guess the upside is I'm nice and warm down here in Oz. ;)

Cheers, Natalie.

Jenny Wynter said...

Thanks Brody!

And Nat, just for the record, you know you have lots of stuff that I rather envy too...like your own pad (that looks like being seriously eons away for us), a well-paid secure job in media-land, exotic travel experiences which you're getting increasingly paid to write about...

The grass is always greener, I guess that's what I'm saying!! :-)

Girl Clumsy said...

Thanks Jen, you're very good at boosting one's spirits - although your use of the phrase "well-paid" is not as accurate as I'd like it to be. ;)

Unfortunately the writing thing has me frustrated at the moment - nobody's returning my emails. I'm hoping it's the time of the year.

Anyway, I'm off on a road trip come Sunday, and hopefully when I get back I'll be doing some acting and impro, which might get the creative juices cooking again.

Fingers crossed. ;)

Jenny Wynter said...

Well, I did say 'increasingly' paid, which is hopefully accurate!! If there's one thing I'm realising more and more it's how those little breaks are the biggest ones - in that they are what gets the ball rolling in the first place. The only way is up!

Re: the frustration of people not returning e-mails, I completely get that. You just have to keep going, keep following people up (without slapping yourself with a restraining order) and refuse to say die. And take note of these times so you can write about them in your memoirs. ;-)

Road trip sounds wicked, have fun!!