Sunday, January 20, 2008

Riding the rollercoaster

It's been a crazy week. From mammoth highs - like having the joyous visit of two of my favourite people in the world Ash and Leon, to doing tons of snowboarding, to heaps of awesome kiddly-wink time, to a particularly rocking gig at Yuk Yuk's on Tuesday, to having some amazing career opportunities beginning to show their heads - to a crashingly horrible low.

My sister-in-law Lizzie - who is hands-down one of my best mates and most beautiful people on this planet - got the horrible news that her darling Dad (also one of the most gorgeous people I've ever had the good fortune of knowing) suddenly died. It's been so shocking and sad for everybody who knew him, my heart's just been crunched up with sadness for Lizzie and her family as they're dealing with all the emotional and logistical fall-out.

I'm not going to write anything more than that, just cos it's not really my news to be delving into, but suffice to say that it's times like this it makes you really appreciate the people in your life and just life in general.

And how far away we are from the rest of our family.

2 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Is Lizzie Tim's sister or one of your sibling's parnter's?

I know it's just semantics; a death in the fam is a death in the fam. And all that brings with it. Thinking of you guys at his time Jen; take care.

x

Cazzie!!! said...

Huggs to your close friends at this time. Huggs to our kids and your hubby...it is nice to be loved and appreciated any day any time