Saturday, January 05, 2008

My kids are sitting watching Franklin (one of the only kids' 'entertainment' options - that's me using the term loosely - that I actually don't mind them checking out) and while they do so, I am sitting here watching them.

I love this - when they don't know I'm looking at them and their attention is sufficiently satiated to save them worrying about going crazy for mine. They are cuddled up together in the chair, looking so cute, so sleepy and so innocent.

Why is it that sometimes it's easier to FEEL the love for them when they're a) silent and/or b) only semi-conscious?

It makes me wonder if there wasn't a deeper symbolism to one of my fave 80's movies, Mannequin.

1 comment:

Merrilee said...

Hmm..
Yeah, I like Josh best in the morning when he's not all loud.
And he always tells me to be quiet, so I figure love must only be able to be felt in serene silence
heehee