Friday, September 08, 2006

I Heart Fridays

Ella is home sick today, meaning I am spending the day battling work, addiction to myspace and mothering nursely duties.

The house, however, is the real casualty in all this - sometimes I get so down about it I just throw on a pair of ear-muffs, blindfold myself and walk around imagining I'm on a lush beach somewhere in the Caribbean, a place of such beauty that all guests need to be blinded and deafened for fear that exposure to such gorgeousness would be fatal.

Clearly I need help.

I cannot WAIT until Tim is no longer a student and I actually start to earn some decent money from performing (I can almost hear some of you writhing in laughter at that concept) - not for the sake of it, but...okay, stuff it. Here you go, my 'if we had heaps of money' dream list:

- a cleaner
- a funky nanny who does all the crafty stuff with the kids that I hate
- a masseuse
(hell, if all of the above fitted into the one neat package all the better)
- a beach house in Byron
- a pad in New York
- Johnny Depp

Okay, okay, now I'm just being silly.

We could never afford a pad in New York.

All I really really want is a cleaner. It's my dream. Yours?

2 comments:

Louise said...

*cough cough* I have a cleaner. In China it is so ridiculously cheap that many people do. I thought about not having one on principle, but my innate laziness over-ruled that noble idea.

I have to say it is wonderful, though I do spend an awful lot of time wandering around the house saying: "where did Ayi put my umbrella/tv remote control/tampons/etc?".

I really don't know how I'll go back to not having one in the future- I do suspect it will be grounds for divorce: Unreconciable cleaning habits.

Jenny Wynter said...

That's it - we're moving to China.