Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A better subject title than "Happy Valentines Day" wanted: apply within

We don't usually make that huge a deal out of Valentine's Day. Well, except for the year that my hubby proposed by taking me away for a surprise weekend at the beach, then spoiled me completely and utterly rotten (I'm talking a limo ride complete with champagne and flowers, people!!!) but that was definitely an exceptional circumstance. Maybe we just subconsciously figured that once we'd attained the pinnacle of romance, there was no real point in trying anymore.

Or probably more likely, is the fact that sooner after kidlets arrived into our life at the same time that Tim went back to being a full-time uni student = no time and no money.

Oh, and the fact that Valentine's Day is just before my birthday, followed closely by Tim's birthday, followed shortly thereafter by our wedding anniversary. It's a busy time, people and usually just don't have room in our lives for that much celebrating.

But this afternoon Tim's taking me on a surprise date!!! Or an 'activity', as he called it, seeing as apparently our date is going to be at home. I immediately jumped to a kinky conclusion, but Tim assured me I was completely off-track. Which I was relieved about: you know those days when you're just not in the mood for the fluffy hand-cuffs and a bucket of golden-syrup covered pancakes?

Anybody else care to share V-Day plans or lack thereof?

8 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

YOU ARE GOING FISHING< NAH NE NAH NE NAH NEEEE, LOL.
Well, it started off with Nick giving us a spectacular drawing in bed this morning saying happy v day mum and dad love nick.
Then, the other half went to work, and I spent a good deal of time in the sand pit after school bell rang with the kids. We got home, they all helped me make hamburgers for tea, and whallla, we had a BBQ :)
Valentine's Day is celebrated on any other day but this one.
I did ince put in an ad when we 1st dated, "To my Sex Puppy, I love you 4eva, love your Sex Kitten", LOL.

greenkazbar said...

woke with crazy spinning head, not self induced... doh... normal v-day ritual... excitement galore, sexy lingerie (woo whoo), 12 long stemmed red roses (spesh), candle lit dinner, steamy bubble bath.... oh wait, no, that wasn't me... ooops... soup & bed, just another ordinary day : )
happy v day everyone

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's day. Have a blast. Enjoy yourself.
Peep into my blog on friendship greeting cards for some beautiful e-greeting cards and friendly tips.

Girl Clumsy said...

Hey CM,

Hope your surprise went well!

The significant Y chromosome in my life is coincidentally about to go back to uni full-time to study... teaching. Yup, coincedences abound in the old Blogger world. He's also broken his arm, but that's a whole other story. At the moment spending $50 or more on flowers or cards or tacky stuff seems horribly inappropriate given rent, bills etc. ;)

And anyway, I bought my own chocolate today (mind you, I seem to do that every day at the moment...)

Cheers, Natalie.

Anonymous said...

I slept in until 7am. Got up and did a load of washing, went and paid my rent and did some grocery shopping. Came home and played the White Album, then played around a bit on the guitar, and drums, then got bored and started blogging.
Oh, and I did a ring around of the under 13 players from my hockey club to see which of them are playing this year. Got to love being on a committee.
Yes, I know I could have done all these things on any day, but it happened on Valentines Day, so I will claim it is special.

Jenny Wynter said...

Caz - may I hereafter refer to you as Sex Kitten? I do feel like I need to spice the blog up a bit.

Kazbar - sorry to hear bout your head. And fear not, sometimes fantasy can be better than the real thing anyway! (Note to readers: please resist the urge to take that out of context)

Emmie - hmmmmmm

girlclumsy - Coincidental indeed! Your other half studying teaching AND you buying your own chocolate. Will it never end? So is he just doing the 1 year post-grad? From our experience, it's a full-on year of yuk, but then so worth it once the work starts rolling in. "Let's hear it for the boy." End of 80's song ouburst.

Bec - 'Special' is in the eye of the beholder. And gees, I haven't been that productive since the kids popped out. Boom tish. Good stuff!

Jenny Wynter said...

UPDATE: My surprise was a spa-bath (yes, the new house really is ridiculously nice) filled with rose petals and floating candles. I even got a shoulder massage, he had incense burning and bought so much chocolate that even I couldn't eat it all. And that's saying something.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. I think I could really get into this romance stuff.

Girl Clumsy said...

Hey Cm,

No, he's doing the whole nine yards, or more accurately, the whole four years of undergrad study.

Life is set to be on the poor side (for him at least), but certainly he'll be happier and doing something he loves: bumming around - oops, I mean, studying. ;)

Natalie.