Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mummy-Man to the Rescue

The biggest ongoing argument in our household at the moment revolves around being called the right superhero name.



Example:



Caleb: "Hey Ella."

Ella: "I'm not Ella, I'm Flash!"

Caleb: "Okay Flash."

***
Ella: "Hey Caleb."

Caleb: "I NOT CALEB!!! I SUPERMAN BATMAN TWO!" (Don't ask)



Ella: "Okay Superman Batman Two."



***
Ella: "Hey Daddy."

Caleb: "He not Daddy! He SUPERMAN!"

***
And so apparently all that effort we put into choosing nice names for our kids was for naught. Not only can I NOT call my son by his actual name, but to do so means suffering severe punishment by way of deafening screams.

So I'm surrendering. From hereon in, Daddy is Superman, Ella is Flash, Caleb is Superman Batman II and me? Well, you can thank Caleb for this one.



Ella: "Mummy."

Caleb: "Her not mummy!"

Me: "Then who am I?"

Caleb: "You Mummy-man!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've just been femasculated!

Cazzie!!! said...

LOL, I'd want to be Wonder Woman, LOL.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect Super-family

Jenny Wynter said...

anon - It's not the first time.

Caz - I always loved Shira, He-Man's sister. She'd be my heroine of choice.

anon - A slightly disfunctional Super-family, methinks!

Miss Construed... said...

And that's even funnier!

Me; from my little Son- " You're a good boy, Mummy".

He on the other hand- thinks of himself as Wiggle Greg- stoically refusing at the moment to accept the new Yellow Wiggle, Sam.

Ironically, my little son's name is Sam; which is a major confliction with him wanting to be a 'part' of the Wiggles and the whole replacement Greg Wiggle thing.

Anyway; if you followed that you're sober-er-er than Me!

Jenny Wynter said...

rn_buffoon - I think I get it. Crazy, huh? My hubby asked me this morning whether it's actually healthy for kids to identify so strongly with characters. For instance, for the past week Caleb has insisted on being called either Superman Batman II or Spiderman. He'll actually say "I'm NOT CALEB!!!! I'm SPIDERMAN!" etc which I think is kinda funny, but Tim was wondering if it indicates some lack of grip on reality.

Thoughts?