Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Come on kids, let's catch up

Well, I'm just damn glad you blog readers aren't my kids. Cos if you were, you'd be taken away from me by the Department of Family Services, so pitiful are the little measly scraps of food, water and attention I've been throwing your way.

Forgive me people. I know not what I do.

But as such, here's a "5 Quick Catch-Up Points on Life This Week"

1. No news on the van. BUT…I guess no news is also good news, in the sense that it obviously hasn’t been written off in an accident (which, on the upside, the whole concept of an Econovan in a high-speed chase is ripe with comedic potential) or used to smuggle Romanian dwarves into the country.

2. To answer your question Mezza, yes we are still in Brissie! Sorry, I keep forgetting that people don’t read every single entry of this blog (why God, why?) and thus aren’t necessarily completely up to date with my life. But to cut a long story short, we decided we could save (and earn) more money by staying in Brisvegas, we’re ‘planning’ (the inverted commas stand for the rate at which we change our plans) then head overseas – most likely the UK – for a year, then come back and settle the hell down. Phew.

3. Tim has had his first few days of relief teaching work1 And he’s enjoyed it! And earned money! They don’t call it ‘relief’ teaching for nothing.

4. I may well die this week – Tim’s working or away every single day until Sunday, meaning that I’m looking after kids all day and gigging all night. I really need to look into approaching Red Bull for sponsorship.

5. On the business front, I may have a manager!! Gees, I hope so! I’ve been putting my mind to it lately, and thanks to Bangalow Big Joke Comedy Festival (where I supported the sublime Fiona O’Loughlin) I’ve met someone I feel really good about. We’ll see what pans out….oh I so want a manager if only just so I can say I’ve got one. Oh okay, and they can guide my career and help get me gigs and stuff. Minor details, people.

8 comments:

greenkazbar said...

Hey Jenny that's super about the possible manager, i wouldn't be surprised if they were all over you like a rash (which could be scary!) your gig was awesome. It was kewl to catch up with you, you totally ROCK.

Miss Construed... said...

I hope one day you can say it, too, Jen.

You crack me up!

Ps I read every blog entry you write. Sometimes twice!

Anonymous said...

I think I just posted twice.

Damn this new technology!

Damn it all.

Double Damn!

Anonymous said...

It didn't post my comments!

Just my "damns"!







god-damn it!

I'll try again....


Glad to hear you may be getting a manager Jenny. You deserve it and you need someone to help promote you. You can't do it all no matter how much of a superwoman you try to be. (or are)

Exciting news about UK but BrisVegas will miss you guys. Don't stray too long!

BrisVegas needs to keep all the talent it can. We need to make this city the new centre-of-the-earth in the entertainment world. moohahahhahaha!
Take that Hollywood!
Queensland rocks!




Okay, I better get back to work.....

Jenny Wynter said...

greenkazbar - awww, ta muchly. Lovely to see you too, best of luck for Raw!!!!

rn_buffoon - well, for your sake I can only hope that reading my blog entries is the same as childbirth - easier second time around!

Matt - damn, damn, damn! Welcome to the ole blog!! Thanks for the kind words, yes I'm very excited at the prospect of having someone to help ease the load and free me up to write and rehearse (oh yeah, and look after those two little people who I live with).

Love to you and yours - and give Matty B a hug for me. x

Merrilee said...

oh god...i'm a bad blog-child!
I try to read them all, but I was away and there was so much to catch up on!

Can we please get together sometime soon?
I miss you!

Jenny Wynter said...

Tut tut! Lucky for you Mummy's in a good mood today!!!

Yes yes, let's get together - hang on, when's the Edge party again, is that this weekend? Will you be there?

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for the food and water... virtual food is better than no food.