Monday, April 30, 2007

Here's Lookin' At You, Kid

Given the last week of home-bounded-ness, I'm sorry to say that the kids have been watching WAAAAAY to many DVDs. I'm serious: it's bad. Caleb's conversation is now predominantly sound-bytes from his favourites.

Me: "Caleb, you can't have another milk cos it makes you too snotty."

Caleb: "No it doesn't. *dramatic pause* Trust me." (Spiderman)

***
Me (uncharacteristically calmly): "Ella, stop yelling, stop screaming and go to bed."

Caleb (patting my head): "I proud of you." (Racing Stripes)

***
Me: "Cay-man, time to go to the toilet!"

Caleb: "Not this time, Goblin!" (Spiderman...again).

***
Please remind me to never ever show him Silence of the Lambs.

4 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!
My Mia said to me today, "Settle mum, I will deal with it"..not sure what she was pertaining to but it was a phrase I use so I know where the source was from, LOL.

Jenny Wynter said...

Caz - It's freaky when they throw your own stuff back at you, isn't it? Ella's fave is "Chill out, mum!"

Miss Construed... said...

Yeah; a three year old saying "Clarice" in such a way Would be frightening!

Anonymous said...

This is the movie for your son, although admittedly he could start quote Marcel Marceau, and the results could be positively horrendous.