Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Next Chapter

So my hubby is soon to graduate. That's right, after four years of slaving away, he will finally be a teacher, hugely employable (we hope) in each and every corner of the world.

Two words: THANK GOD.

He started uni literally two weeks before Ella was born you see, and I'm just so thrilled to think that the screams I let out during labour will finally be surpassed in volume by the screams I'll be letting out at graduation. Woo-bloody-hoo!

Not that we haven't enjoyed the novelty of raising two kids on a student income. Not that it's not empowering to realise that if you were stranded on an island, you would be okay so long as you had potatoes.Not that it isn't romantic to be given library books for Valentine's Day (hey, that was actually super practical, don't knock it til you've tried it).

But...four years later: we're kinda over it.

So here we are, bracing ourselves - in a gleeful way - for the next chapter of our lives. Our kids are getting more independent (and more fun to be with!) every day, so combining that with finally living above the poverty line is so appealing that I may just burst into song. In fact, I think I shall. Excuse me.

5 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

You know that the more the earn the more you spend, don't you?

Well here's to that family holiday away, all those nights out to dinner or the movies that you've been without, and to all those extra clothes that will now hang in your closet.

Spend up- sounds like you've earned it!

Jenny Wynter said...

I have heard that, but I prefer to think that the more you spend, the more you earn. I sure hope so - otherwise the Madonna cone-bra might have to move down the wish list...

Cazzie!!! said...

That is way cool, I knwo the feeling after doing my degree in ehalth sciences for 4 hard long years and living on them pre packed dog food rolls and cooking them as a meatloaf covered in gravy and all....nah KIDDING!!!
Congrats to mr comic daddy :)

Jenny Wynter said...

Haha, yes when we were in Melbourne (when Ella was a wee bub) our huge treat was the Turkish flat bread on Sydney Road for $1. It's the little things.

Unknown said...

Congrats to hubby!