Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sydney Parking

What's a girl to do?

As you well know, we're driving the entire family down to Sydney (with some timely gigs and sanity stops along the way) but already the dilemma has arisen: what to do with the CAR?!

That is, we're staying with my auntie in Glebe, which, last time I stayed there, greeted every street-parked car with a smashed in windscreen and a coat of graffiti. Now, now that I'm not into turning everyday items into works of art (this is how I justify the horrific state of my house), but...I would like the option of being actually able to transport the family home after all the Sydney stuff is said and done.

So...I'm turning to you, my blogging buddies! Should we:

a) resign ourselves to circumstance, park there anyway and hope for the best;

b) smash the windscreens and paint up the car ourselves, in a cunning tactic of reverse psychology (or mechanical homeopathy, depending on how you look at it);

c) fork out hefty dollars for an actual safe car-park;

d) cancel the tour and drive to Cairns;

e) other.

Oh, by the way, if you have any actual legitimate way of helping us out with this dilemma, please do drop me a line at contact@jennywynter.com Ta.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi COmic Mummy,
Sorry can't help you out with a parking spot in Sydney. My two cents worth (which wouldn't buy you much parking) is that if you did park in a 'secure' place, you have just as much chance of your car being trashed. Trying to get them to pay for it, will just see a lot of paperwork, with a lot of fine print. I say take your chances in Glebe, the school holidays haven't stated yet, so you might be safe.
HooRoo
Rebecca

Merrilee said...

I have a cousin in St. Peters.
Perhaps you could park there if I ask her nicely?

Miss Construed... said...

My house backs right onto the Newcastle/Sydney rail line- you could leave your car at my house in Newcastle and then you and the Fam can catch the all-stations train to Sydney...a totally impractical offer I know; but one that's still there, none-the-less!

ÜberDad said...

Borrow some spare armor the American Gov't forgot to put on the Humvees, and then coat the vehicle with Crisco (or any shortening) so that the paint will not stick. Ok, maybe this is impractical too, sorry.

Jenny Wynter said...

Rebecca - hmmm, you might be right. But technically speaking, our car actually belongs to Tim's folks, so I don't really want to take chances. Aagh!

Mezz - would you mind? That'd be brilliant!

rn_buffoon - actually, that's not as impractical as it might seem. I'd been thinking something along those lines. I'll keep it in mind as our back-up option!

uberdaddy - NOW you're talkin'! Alternatively I could just rig up every dirty nappy generated during the trip, in a line of defence around the vehicle. Anyone who can get through that deserves the car.

Merrilee said...

I've put in the request.
Will keep you posted.

xx

PS: would you be avail on Wed at all for a TS meeting?