Thursday, May 17, 2007

Introducing my son the 3-year-old.

Caleb's third birthday seems to have coincided with a strange little proccupation with calling me by my first name.

Caleb: "Hey Jenny!"

Me: (insert amused tone here) "Yes?"

Caleb: "Ummmm...Jenny, can you get me juice?"

Me: "Can you say 'please'?"

Caleb: "Please Jenny?"

Me: "Sure Caleb."

Caleb: "I NOT CALEB!!! I SUPERMAN!"

Me: "Okay Superman!"

Caleb: 'Thank you Jenny. Thank you Jenny Wynter."

I have GOTTA tape record this stuff.

Oh, and we're having a party for him this Saturday, featuring the theme of, da da da da! Superheroes. How did you guess? No, really, you must be truly clever.

Which, on that note, you don't happen to have a recipe for a Spiderman cake, do you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So he's won't be phased by eating Spiderman, then? Just posing the question...

Hang on a minute. How come you don't come back at him with -

I NOT JENNY! I SUPER-MUMMY-MAN!

Jenny Wynter said...

You know, you have two very valid points.

On the eating Spiderman front, I think the desire to wear, ingest or even inhale the man in question overcomes any issues he may have on the 'cannibalising a superhero' front. But I'll keep you posted.

And on the retort front, I am totally trying that. Thank you!

Cazzie!!! said...

Well, if you just bake a plain old buttercake, Ice the top a little and put one of those icing ready made spiderman thingies on it from Coles or Safeway it will look great. They cost about 4 dollars and look awesome.
Otherwise, a cake of his fav flayva, ice with white icing, and get a colored icing pen, can be brought from the supermarket in the baking section, and start inside to out, drawing a spiderweb. Sit a small figurine of spiderman on the cake.
Happy Birthday little man :)

Miss Construed... said...

Your little Cay-man is three!

Happy birthday!

Merrilee said...

dude,
you totally should've told me, I could've come and painted him like spidey or whatever.
And made him a sword balloon!!