Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My daughter the personal trainer

So Ella and I have started working out together. I know, I know, at four years old 'cellulite' isn't really even worth pronouncing, let alone worrying about. But she's expressed such enthusiasm to join me in my morning exercise - in fact almost equal to my enthusiasm to not do it at all - that we've joined forces.

Let me tell you, if you haven't had a child to whoop your ass into a tight wad of muscly goodness (okay, maybe I'm overselling myself there) then you are seriously missing out. There's nothing quite like a tiny bundle of limbs saying "Okay, now let's RUN MUMMY!" followed very shortly afterwards (I'm happy to say) by "Okay, now let's walk."

Insert skipping, star jumps and running laps around the playground - i.e. me running laps while she works out her pecs on the climbing equipment - topped off with piggy-backing said child home when she's absolutely flat-out pooped at the end and you have yourself one hell of a workout in the guise of quality mummy-daughter time.

In short ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a whole new revamp concept for the next The Biggest Loser: BYO child and get them to take responsibility for their part in your postnatal jiggly bits.

Hell, I'd probably even take part.

3 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

I second that notion..let's do it!!

Miss Construed... said...

I love the new piccies on the top of your blog- if you were the one responsible for it you really went all out with Caleb's cake!

PS You haven't accepted your award yet! You must stop by my blog to first view- then copy and paste- it onto your own.

PPS I'm proud to be an original CM fan; and to be quite honest I look up to bloggers such as yourself Jen. You rock. No. YOU ROCK.

Okay. Now you've been told...

I know you're into the whole music/comedy thing...and had an idea for you. How about you write a song to the words of Madonna's Express Yourself but make it about expressing breast milk? We all (us mothers anyway) have been there.

Just a thought!!

Jenny Wynter said...

Caz - Thank you for the support, I think it's a goer!

rn_buffoon - Oh actually, that was his cake LAST year. This year's was a very similar concept, just covered in chocolate icing, M&Ms and cardboard pictures of Spiderman. What can I say? I'm Martha Stewart for Plebs.

And I know, I know, I'll get to accepting my award soon!! AGH!

Oh and shux, you do flatter me.

And that is SO funny about the Madonna song - I shit you not, I was THIS close to including just that parody in my show just gone (I found the backing music and everything). I had grand visions of doing up some cardboard backing dances and everything, and replacing the Madonna booby-cones with breastpumps.

You know, nothing elaborate.

Great minds think alike, apparently!! xx