Friday, May 25, 2007

Presenting Mrs Richards

I am tired and stressed.


I am also going to Sydney tomorrow for a corporate character gig - I feel a little torn cos part of me thinks I should be spending the night working on my show, but then the other part thinks it will be good to just chill out, forget about it and instead just exercise my character improv skills anyway. And of course, make some actual money.


Have I ever showed you a photo of the character I play in these shows? It's Mrs Richards from Faulty Towers. This is my version of her:

Slightly scary, no?

Anyway, the point is I shall spend my pre-show night being a cantankerous old wench.

Sooooo far removed from my everyday existence, of course. ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I think Sydney is a pretty city. i liked THE ROCKS for shopping.

Cazzie!!! said...

Yayyyy, have fun, chill out and report back of course.

Jenny Wynter said...

Thanks Mrs Mogul - unfortunately there's no sightseeing involved, it's really fly in, do the gig, sleep, fly out. In other words, sounds a lot more glamorous than it really is!

Caz - fun was definitely had, but in a very fatiguing kinda way. I was a little concerned about doing this gig the night before my big show, but actually spending the time doing 3 hours of solid character improv was probably one of the best warmups a girl could have!