Monday, May 29, 2006

Addictions that are hard to kick

1. Comedy

2. Blogging

3. Caffeine

I desperately need a support group and/or patches for all three.

In other news, our computer has taken a turn for the worse - we're expecting it to leave us for a better place any day now, so would appreciate some privacy at this very distressing time. In light of my thus restricted blogging time, I will release the following exclusive tid-bits about my life at present. But please, do not contact us for more details. You will receive a terse 'no comment'.

I AM:
  • officially in love with Frankie's little baby Charlotte, who I properly met today. My clucky meter has skyrocketed and my uterus is throbbing. Damn you Frankie with your damn placid little piece of bubba, offering nothing to this world but untouched beauty. Damn you for luring me to your den of blissed out reproduction. Damn you to hell!!!!!
  • reading "Crime and Punishment" for the first time and actually getting into it. Between that and the latest "Family Circle", I'm feeling pretty damn proud of myself.
  • writing TONS of comedy at the moment - the other night alone I was so incredibly inspired by the country storm that hit while we were visiting Tim's dad out in the country (so inspiring that it actually blew up the television set - now THAT'S what I call creative destruction!) that I wrote not one, not two, but THREE entirely new comedy songs. And they're my new favourites. So there, Frankie! You can have your damn cute baby and I'll have my damn cute songs. At least my new babies don't bite my boobies.
  • excited to have started workshopping my full-length comedy show with my lovely friend/improv coach/mentor Anne Pensalfini, just this very afternoon in fact. It's so wonderful to have the benefit of an outsider's eye who knows your strengths and weaknesses - plus I actually had apple & cranberry tea to offer her and thus was able to perform my little heart out while maintaining the illusion of being a great house-keeper. I'm such a fraud sometimes it kills me.

Well, that's about the wrap-up folks. So yeah, until further notice, I'll be limited to blogging only when I can get hold of a public computer. Or until I can get my a into g and hook my laptop up to the net.

Then again...it's probably a good thing to spend a little more time in the real world. My kids do need to be fed*, after all.

*Where the hell was that in the contract?

6 comments:

Girl Clumsy said...

Hi again CM,

I have to say that you and I seem to be quite similar - but worlds apart on the issue of children, I guess. ;)

I currently have no children and a thankfully empty uterus, so I have no idea what it's like to feel it throb with desire for babies!

Congrats on rehearsing your show - I've often wished I was brave enough to do stand up. I have good ideas sometimes, but talk too much instead of keeping it sharp. Who knows, maybe one day. I actually know Anne Pensalfini through improv circles - she's lovely. She probably doesn't remember me though!

Thanks for commenting on my blog - I'm going to link you back if that's cool.

Cheers, Natalie.

Cazzie!!! said...

Yes indeedy, having boobies bitten is no fun at all..and yet the babies pretend not to know what they are doing when they actualy bite you..yeah right, they know it for sure!!

Huggies said...

Sounds like your PC is like the one beside me here churning away and decides it wants to freeze every so often. Oh well I hope you return soon.

Jenny Wynter said...

GirlClumsy - yeah, I saw on your blog that you're into improv. Let me know when you're performing next and I'll try and catch a show! Most of the stuff I do these days is through Edge Improv, but the stuff I'm working on with Anne is solo improv, which is as exciting as it is challenging!

Caz - like most things with children, I think. I know Caleb gets away with absolute murder simply by backing his innocent plea with cuteness. Hey, if it worked for Michelle Leslie...

Huggies - it's driving me absolutely insane but is of some comfort to know that at least other people experience similar torment. I hope I can get back regularly soon too!

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»