Thursday, May 04, 2006

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig

Just wanted to let my billions upon billions of loyal readers know that the tour is now officially OVER. In fact, it's so last week. Pfft.

But...for those of you intent on hanging onto the past, I shall do a full wrap-up tomorrow. Because tomorrow is da-da-da-da-da-da...DAYCARE DAY!!! Be still my beating uterus.

I cannot believe how tough the past week has been. In fact, my disbelief is so strong that whenever questioned about it I just dissolve into giggles like the madwoman I apparently am. Even Tim, who was so incredibly excited and in love with the kids after having had 10 days away from them, sighed in exasperation some half-hour after getting them home... "Oh man, how on earth did you DO it?!?!"

I don't know.

All I can say is that I'm re-thinking the whole "Mums who dare to dream" book. Not to get rid of it, but just to re-work the angle. Because the last thing I want to do is put pressure on mummies to go forth and conquer. Not that they can't, but that bloody hell, it takes a lot out of you. Out with the Supermummy! Because for the past few weeks I've been her, and frankly, the experience is completely over-rated.

Did you hear that?

That was me collapsing in a heap.

2 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

You go girl.

Cazzie!!! said...

Yes it is the hardest job in the world to be a parent..people say to me at work, "How can you work and have 4 kids under 9?" I say it is because work is a break, even if it is in the emergency department!! And the cash is not bad either thankyou!!
My boys go to school and the girls have daycare 2 days/week. THose are kinder days too and they have a drama group come through on one of them called. "Hey-De-Ho". The kids love it and they look forward to thgeir days at kinder.
I look forward to it too, I get to catch up woth friends and sometimes just sit there and watch a DVD. :)