Monday, May 22, 2006

An ode to Lord Cheeks

This is a little poem for my dear friend and fellow comic-in-crime Chris Daniel:

Dear Chris you know it's often said
That men are just from Mars
Well I don't think that is true
Cos most I've met are found in bars.

But that's beside the point you see
The reason that I'm writing
Is to say I think you rock the world
With your manner so inviting.

You give advice (and car-rides too)
Which makes me feel quite happy
Your marriage even inspires me
To make mine not so crappy.

So thank you Chris for being nice
Like pancakes gooed with honey
But most of all, I thank you Chris
For being cool AND funny!

*Disclaimer: the crappy quality of poetry contained within is by no means any reflection on the poem's subject. Chris Daniel is in no way cliched, crappy, nor does he resort to dodgy rhythms to achieve rhyme. At least, not usually.

4 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

I am sure Chris would think the world of you for writing such a poem...I wonder if he could return the favour some day!!!

Huggies said...

An ode to Lord Cheeks

Which Cheeks are these ?

Jenny Wynter said...

Haha, "Lord Cheeks" aka Chris Daniel. It's his alter-ego of sorts, I believe.

Not nearly as interesting an answer as I'm sure you were hoping for (no, it's really not my hubby's nickname for my ass. No REALLY.)

Jenny Wynter said...

Awwww.......

Right back atchya Cheeky!