Friday, May 26, 2006

Things that make me envious and/or chuckle

My best friend Frankie had her baby last night!!! A little girl, the news of which is making me feel all mushy and jealous and even flirting again with the idea of having another. But don't freak out (just find a happy place, breathe deeply and put the peanut-butter away) I'm definitely not going down that path for at least a while, namely because:

a) We've gotta get through the madness of this year (with Tim on teaching prac and all) and get our relationship a billion times better before we can contemplate another stressor. Even if that stressor happens to be cute and little and innocent and so cuddly and nice-smelling and...

BOOF!

Sorry, that was me smacking sense into myself.

b) We seriously want to get overseas next year and while that's still possible with three, my mummy-senses are telling me that it'd be quite a bit easier just with two (just fuzz up my hair and call me Einstein).

c) I've gotta wait til Frankie's finished breastfeeding so we can at least have one crazy girls-night-out before getting up the duff myself. There's no WAY I'm going two years straight without a single Frankie & Jen paint-the-town-red adventure. That's like asking me to give up dark chocolate. NEVER gonna happen, so please...let it go.

In completely unrelated news, my daughter is cracking me up no end with her bizarre rantings.

Last night...

Me: Alright kiddo time to wash your hands for dinner!

Ella: Whatever Trevor.

At least I know where she got that one. :-)

But I'm at a loss as for where she got this next one...

This morning...

Ella: I'M NOT YELLING AT YOU!!!!

Me: Yes you are yelling at me and you need to stop it or you'll be going into the dungeon of doom....(um, did I just type that? Sorry, I meant:) the bathroom.

Ella: Oh mummy, what would you know about true love?

What the?

But I'll leave you with her all-time favourite insult of the moment:

Ella: I don't believe you and nobody is going to believe you...EVER.

Have a great weekend everybody!

3 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

My sister in law, best friend and cousin are all having their 2nd, 5th and 5th babies very very soon and I cannot wait. I know I have my 4 and I know I have also had the baby factory removed but that maternal feeling of having another baby just hasnt ever gone. I am scared of my reactions to my friends having their babies, I will undoubtedly be happy for them..but at the same time will feel sad for myself. My advice to myself...hug the kids I have got..and cherish the fact I can hand their baby back..when it has pooped its nappy and is crying for a feed :)

Cazzie!!! said...

I got me a new baby niece named Chloe..as of Friday, she was born at 8pm!!! I am so wrapt I am going to go see her today. I will of course hug my sisiter in lkaw 1st..as she was the one who brought the lovely package into the world..and as we know..we are all but forgotten once the bairn is born now arent we? I may but her a bath bomb and a nice magazine to relax with also.

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
hosting pages hotel manager automobile insurance tips web hosting reseller package mercedes 300d for sale missouri lycos timmins under $10 are the olympics worth hosting domain name registration ecommerce free domain name webhosting how to fix my fico score business insurance hiking boot software tools crontab cpanel domaine louise berlin mastercard the definition of secured loans hawaii travel 2-day