Monday, June 26, 2006

The Comic Mummy's 101st Post!

Haha, just kidding. I could go on forever like this, you know.

So...some lovely things that have happened of late:

- I've discovered an affinity with Winona Ryder and Michael Jackson (amongst others), by becoming strangely reliant on pain-killers this weekend. Yes, I'm happy to report that my back now feels fine, but my mind? Off with the dozens of sparkly little fairies, dancing around the equator of my noggin! Which kinda sucks, but...hey, I'm determined to milk anything even bordering on addiction for all it's worth: I need the street-cred.

- I'm meeting some lovely people on MySpace (though this is probably going to be my next addiction: man I am getting soooo washed up.)

- I've almost finished organising the major parts of the US trip. Now I'm starting to get scared. But you know, scared in a lovely kinda way.

And finally...

- We've booked a family holiday!! As of tomorrow afternoon, we'll be heading down to some rainforest somewhere and staying in a ready-made tent. That's all I know and that's all I need to know. And that it'll just be the four of us...ahhhh. (That might be an 'ahhhh' of relaxation or an 'ahhhh' of terror: only time will tell). So forgive my lack of blogging in the mean-time (unless the addiction truly takes hold in which case Tim will no doubt set each of the kids on me - one per leg - and threaten me with Vin Diesel movies to put me in my place).

But it surely won't get that bad. We'll only be gone for two days, so please. Calm yourself.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Comic Mummy,
Don't worry too much about being away from the computer.
There is always a wireless connection around, that you can use with a laptop. The other option which I use from time to time is my PDA, hooked up via bluetooth through my mobile phone. Sure it is just dial up speed, but it helps get me my net fix.
HooRoo
Rebecca

Louise said...

Hey I just realised that I am up to my 101st post on my blog too! Spooky! And now I'm all bummed that my own 100 came and went with out me realising the opportunity for a drink to celebrate :(

Jenny Wynter said...

Rebecca - thanks for the tip! But I think I'm actually pretty happy to be internet free for a bit. Besides, absence makes the heart grow fonder! (Or as my grandpa used to say, 'absence makes the fond heart wander...'

Louise - That IS spooky! Have no fear *raising champagne glass* CLINK! Here's to you, baby!

Cazzie!!! said...

Have a great time hon :)

Girl Clumsy said...

Well, now I just feel inadequate - I've had my blog for almost two years and I still haven't reached 100 posts!

Better start thinking of more things to write!

Huggies said...

Well I hope your trip to the rainforest is a good one.

I hope your back for Alex's sake on Friday as I'm sure he would miss you and Mrs Sorenson.