Friday, June 30, 2006

Here's....JENNY!

That was meant to be a reference to The Shining, by the way.

Yeah, so I'm back from holidays and shock of all shocks...I am actually relaxed. Those of you with kiddly-winks will no doubt back me up here (come on, back me up, back me up!) when I say that sometimes you venture out on a holiday with the little tikes, only to return twice as exhausted and in need of a fine-looking strait-jacket. But not this time, me hardies...life is looking good.

I'll post some photos and stuff as soon as I can (be bothered, that is) but until then, I'll leave you with these little tid-bits:

1. I'm actually going to be away all weekend, meaning another few days with no blogging action. Cue music: No blogging, no cry... Look at me, I'm the blogging equivalent to a teenager, just popping in to say the dutiful hellos, change my clothes and get back to partying. So...toodles, be good and I'll see you Monday?

2. Conversation of the week...

Me: So Ella, what's the meaning of life?

Ella: Ummmm....lions and tigers.

Me: So animals are the meaning of life?

Ella: No, just being funny.

Me: Oh, so life's funny.

Ella: Yeah. But you're not funny.

*dramatic pause*

Me: Oh. Oh damn.

Ella: No, I was just kidding you mama. You're funny.

Me: Oh, thank heavens for that, I thought I'd lost my calling.

*slightly less dramatic pause, but a pause nonetheless*

Ella: Lions and tigers are funny.

THE END

The meaning of life. You heard it here first.

5 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Out of the mouths of babes hey, LOL

Rebecca said...

Hi Comic Mummy,
I sat down to watch the file "Meaning of Life" last night. I saw the title "The miracle of birth" and the next thing I remember was being woken up and told it is time for bed.
Must not try and watch a movie after having been awake for 20 hours.
HooRoo
Rebecca

Huggies said...

No worries! I got my fix of Comic Mummy for the rest of the week today when listening to you and Alex ranting on. That caller with the love problems was interesting to say the least.

Jenny Wynter said...

Caz - true true.

Rebecca - haha, I love the birth stuff. I've never made it past the fat guy in the restaurant though.

Huggies - Would you believe that guy rang back later to say to Alex that he was surprised and disappointed that he didn't actually get an answer to his question!! Alex had to break it to him gently that Mrs S is just doing it for the laughs. That made me chuckle...

Unknown said...

That's great! I think you
have another comedienne on your hands!!