Thursday, June 15, 2006

You don't even need to read this blog entry

No really. This isn't for you. I'm only blogging this cos the thought of being able to do so was my sole comfort in the heat of a stressful afternoon.

In summary:
  • Walked into the kitchen this avo to find a carton of milk lying on its side with its entire two litres of contents spilled onto the floor. As if this wasn't enough of an injustice, just you try to interrogate a two year old to establish the truth of what went down and who should pay.
  • Endured an almost-hour-long kids-whingeing-in-peak-hour drive to have dinner with Tim at his work, only to find he'd overlooked a work function, meaning we had not only wasted a trip, but had to drive the entire way back again. With even MORE whingeing. It's a good thing the air-bag didn't accidentally go off - I might have been tempted to self-suffocate.
  • Ended my last-minute grocery mission with Caleb jumping violently in the trolley (okay, admittedly I shouldn't have had him in there in the first place, but PUH-LEASE....anything that even resembles a 'mute' switch gets my vote) and landing square on top of the yoghurt, thereby splitting it in half and spilling its entire litre of contents over my groceries, my jeans and the shop floor. Even my fleeting dad-pun thought of 'hey, I've always wanted to feel cultured' didn't cut it. There ain't nothing making that funny. Well, except the passing of time.

So there you go. I've gotten that out of my system and feel suitably purified. Now...assuming you neglected to heed my advice and read it anyway...consider it officially done with.

You move on, I move on: it's all good.

8 comments:

Huggies said...

Let me guess that your two year old claimed the milk has legs and walked to the floor and poured itself on to the floor.

Jenny Wynter said...

Haha! That's so funny you should say that...my 3-year-old actually intervened on her little bro's behalf, to tell me that "Caleb didn't do it!!! The milk fell off the bench by itself."

So they both ended up in time out. And they both cried. Loudly. I'm shuddering just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Must have been one of those weeks Jen, it was a full moon- lets blame it one that! This week has involved moving house, with much 'help' from my three year old. Also thrown in there were TWO flat tryes (on seperate occasions), and two flat batteries!!!! AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

On the upside, my son's room in the new house has a lock on the door- on the outside.......

Mango Lick.

Cazzie!!! said...

Instead of Dear Diary Day..yopu would have to say it was a Dear DAIRY Day for you..I have to laugh because I have days like that with my 4 kids and it is just comforting for me to know I am NOT ALONE!!!

Jenny Wynter said...

Haha!

Mango Lick - a lock on the outside...mmmmmm... *slobbering*

Caz - Dear Dairy Day indeed: I did feel rather 'cultured'. Oh, oh stop...oh the merriment....oh I'm killing me...

Sharpie said...

Holy Crap - those are the days that spell Margarita.

Gemnastics said...

and still you manage to laugh. it's a gift.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
»