Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Final Pre-USA Entry

Hopefully not the final entry full-stop i.e. hopefully the plane doesn't crash and/or America doesn't get nuked while I'm there. Though, as someone very wise pointed out to me this week, if America gets nuked then Australia's not going to be far behind. Call me morbid, but I found that strangely comforting.

So...I'm all packed and rearing to go! Frankie came round tonight with a platter of strawberries, chocolates and cherries in tow, and was there for the crucial decision-making of what to pack in what compartment in between stuffing our faces. What a woman.

We both mulled over the flight ahead and agreed that despite the warnings from well-meaning parties about the perils of long bouts in the skies, compared to child-rearing, it will be absolute bliss.

Frankie: "All you have to do is sit there. And do nothing."

Me: "And just be transported. How wonderfull passive."

Frankie: "And they bring you stuff. In packets! Sure, it's kinda rubbery, but it's stuff!"

***

So comrades, seeing as tomorrow is my last day in this fine country of ours for a while, I doubt I shall have the time or inclination to blog. So, this is adieu from me and I shall meet you on the other side of the journey! So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye!

My favourite farewell thus far has come from my gorgeous cousin Karen, who voluntarily printed out all my paperwork, photocopied gazillions of promo bits AND burnt me extra copies of my promo DVDs to take with me! After handing me the fruits of her labour, she hugged me and left me with this:

"Come back funnier, honey-er!"

I'll try, Kag. I'll try.

***

PS Sorry to those of you who've been trying the myspace link for my comedy snippet - apparently the server's been down all day. If you're really keen you can click below. Toodles!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi COmic Mummy,
Good luck on the journey, remember to drink plenty of orange juice on the flight, and take a tennis ball to roll your feet on.

As for a plane crash or being nuked, why not just kill two birds with one stone, and have them crash the plane into a nuclear reactor? Morbid I know, but you started it.

HooRoo
Rebecca

Cazzie!!! said...

Good luck girl, I am sure you will have an ace time...love seeing the little ditty there, YOU ROCK!!! ROTFL!!! ENJOY the states ok :)

Louise said...

Don't forget to put the vodka in the orange juice- seriously, how many times during the next decade are you going to get to fly without kids? No kids, no responsibility, no worries.

Ciao Bella, have a great trip, and live it up every second, coz it's gonna FLYYYYYYYYYYYY!

------ and my word verification for this comment says "KY pusi" it's like a going away present just for me :)

Girl Clumsy said...

Hmm, that's weird!

I posted a bon voyage and break a leg wish last night and it didn't post. Maybe I didn't enter the word verification correctly!

Anyway, yes, have a blast, come back exhausted - and hopefully we can actually meet in the flesh sometime in 2007. ;)

Cheers, Natalie.

Huggies said...

See you on the otherside.

Anonymous said...

hopefully ... America doesn't get nuked while I'm there

You know, the funny thing is - I thought the exact same thing before I left. :p

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful, safe time. :)