Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Who Rocks?

Frankie does!

Flash back with me, won't you, to this very morning...

Bring, bring! Bring, bring!

(That's my best phone impersation - stop paying me out about it, accept it for what it is and let's move on. I'm doing my best here, okay?)

Me: "Hello?"

Her: "HELLO!"

Me: "Frankie!"

(Insert typical mindless drivel between us here)

Her: "So what are you doing this morning?"

Me: "Oh I've got a billion things I've gotta get on top of..."

Her: "Oh. Cos I was going to take you shopping and buy you some new outfits for New York!"

Cue the sound of a phone being slammed down, feet
storming down the stairs and a car speeding away to the nearest shop.

A LITTLE WHILE LATER...

Frankie, I and my sister-in-law Lizzie rock up at Stones Corner to hit the discount shops with enthusiasm that makes the Crocodile Hunter look like a limp cucumber.

Before I go forth and conquer, Frankie hands me my shopping budget enveloped in this:





HOURS LATER...

I now feel funky, loved and hot.

No wonder Frankie's my best friend.

Cue cheesy "best buddies walking off into the sunset" sound-track of choice.

3 comments:

Pendullum said...

Now I got to wonder... what Radiohead song that would be for the end of the best buddies scene???
Or would it be the newly pressed Tom Yorke???
I need the full vision...
And I was with you on the phone... wow... it rings the same as over here...

Huggies said...

I thought Mrs S is your best friend.

Jenny Wynter said...

pendullum - hmmmmm...I wasn't thinking Radiohead so much (which is weird as they're probably my all-time favourite band) as the soundtrack from the end of "Thelma and Louise" or maybe even an excerpt from "Kill Bill." And thanks for the reassurance on my phone impersonation. I'm now officially adding it to my repertoire of 'stuff I'm good at.'

Huggies - no way! Mrs S would only take me on a shopping trip if it involved the local op shop and a good waxing (I don't even know what that means but I'm sure it's what she'd say.) ;-)

PS Ring up tomorrow if you're tuned in - it's gonna be our last show together for a while!! :-(