Thursday, July 20, 2006

From the Mouth of Willy Shakespeare

So...less than one week to go til I leave for a trip so mindblowingly exciting that every time I think about it I have to resist the urge to hurl.

My friend and fellow actor Alex lent me a book called 'Acting is Everything' by Judy Kerr, specifically so I could copy notes from the 'best things to do in a short trip to LA' section As she handed it to me, she said but three words: "Best. Book. Ever."

It's thick, so I will by no means be able to get through it before I go, but in skimming it, I've already come across a pearler to take with me. Who knows, given enough fun wackiness in Vegas, perhaps I'll return with it tattooed across my left buttock. Not that it would/should fit. Ehem.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."- William Shakespeare.

I'm not going to comment on that, as I think it says it all perfectly. See? See how I'm not commenting?

And finally, this one from James Gandolfini (Sopranos), who said, upon receiving his Best Actor Statuette at the SAG:

"To all the actors who are working hard and struggling, things can change very quickly. Hang in there. Enjoy what's happening to you now 'cause things get pretty weird later on if it works."

Excuse me while I go puke. (In an excited way, naturally).

Cross posted at www.vibewire.net

2 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Ahh that reminds me of the other oft-quoted Willy of note; Willy the Groundskeeper...

Seriously- all those nerves you speak of- just Fate's way of revving you up for the biggest month of your life.

Can I live vicariously through you for a while?

Jenny Wynter said...

By all means. I have a suspicion it's going to be such an out-of-body experience that I'll kinda be living vicariously through myself.

See? I'm making no sense already...