Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Comic Mummy goes to Print!

Well, not exactly, but sorta-kinda.

In some of the best news since we got here, I'm very stoked to report that as of today, I've scored a fortnightly humour column writing for the local rag here in Canmore! It's pretty much gonna be a little bit of my take on Canada through Aussie eyes, a little bit of parenting and a little bit of whatever else I feel like throwing in the mix. Hooray for freedom!*

*I hope that didn't sound as shallow as it is.

We're kicking things off with tix to our first ever ice hockey game this Saturday: given that I was considering trying out for a local team here (stop laughing now - a little decency if you please) spectating seems a far superior - and warmer - alternative.

Yee-haw!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME news! Do you get published online as well? (Be sure to link it if you do!)

I congratulate you on your ascendancy to the Punditariat. That is going to be the BEST column.

Cazzie!!! said...

Oh I'd love to see a game of ice hockey up close. Slapshot here we come!

Unknown said...

I've been lazy and haven't been around- I come back and you're in Canada? Wow! How cool are you?!

Jenny Wynter said...

Mr Anon - Why thank you, that's very kind. :-)

Caz - I know, I'm really looking forward to it! I just heard today to expect it to be very violent...hmmm!

Kristen - Hehe, very cool today actually. It's our second taste of freezing weather since we arrived. ;-)

Gemnastics said...

hurrah, a column! that is ideal. i want one.

Jenny Wynter said...

I think being the overseas person in a new country in a small-ish town definitely helps. ;-)