Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ooh, baby baby it's a wild world...

After reading this post on Rockstar Mommy, I have made the rash (yet I prefer to consider it rash-ional) decision to remove all photos of my kids from my photo collection available here.

I'm not going to comment any further on the sick state of the world that even makes this an issue - there's nothing I can say that hasn't really already been said anyway - but suffice to say that this now means a few things for CM readers, namely either:

a) Nothing. You don't give two rats nipples' about the photos anyway.

b) A minor disappointment, given how super-super cute my kids happen to be and how much you enjoy seeing them evolve. Ah. Sometimes I wish I could simply enjoy them only in the silence of image form too....

c) A major catastrophe, leaving you with a Comic-Mummy's-kids-shaped-hole in your heart. If that really is the case then you are either:

i) a fruit-loop, in which case my reasons for doing this are justified; OR
ii) a friend (and that includes blogging buddies!), in which case please just drop me a line and I can add you to my flickr friends and/or just make sure you're hooked up with me on Facebook. I'm happy to keep posting but only to fam and friends now. That's right - I may pimp out my babies, but from now I'm keeping it in da hood. Or something.

Who did I say was the fruitloop?

*PS This also means that most of the flickr photos are now going to be of me, thus exposing my madly inflated ego for what it is. Yikes...I'd better start taking more landscapes...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not straightforward, is it? Because photos can really make everything come to life. But, yeah, some people's ideas of life are...well, you know.

Off-topic, but did I tell you I'm completely jealous of you living in Banff? Did I tell you three of the best weeks of our lives (pre-children) hiking through the Rockies? Did I tell you I check your blog every morning, in the hope of a photo of that blue, blue water and those mountains?

Anyway, love to you, comic mummy and may your homesick times be less than your euphoric, comedic times.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, forgot to say, it was MCing at the wordfest that finally tipped me over from vague envy to bordering-on--unhealthy-jealousy

Miss Construed... said...

I understand; you never know who the Crazies are- one of the reasons I never post the names or photos of my kids .
Just remember we must All be privvy to the birthday cakes that you make them...a photo is a must in this case!

Sandra Davis said...

I'm loving your new look website and blog, nothing to do with your kids pic though.

It's great to be able to continue to be a voyeaur into your world!! Loving your adventures.

Take Care
Sandra D

Jenny Wynter said...

Thirdcat - Thanks for the nice thoughts - I didn't realise you'd spent time here, it is completely magical, huh?! Glad you enjoyed the pics too. :-)

buffoon - At the risk of quoting Bryan Adams, 'Everything I do, I do it for you."

Sandra - Great to see you round here honey. Hope all's going well in Brizvegas improv land!