Thursday, September 06, 2007

Your opinion, please.

Is it just me, or is the latest fashion being advertised on the back of Canadian newspapers (see left) a little...erm...unflattering?

I just don't see how leotards and tights - especially WHITE tights - are gonna be bringin' sexy back. Maybe fourteen years ago I felt a little differently, but:

a) that was fourteen years ago; and
b) I also thought Michael Bolton was all that; because...
c) that was fourteen years ago.

In fact, the only way I think leotards and tights could even come close to sexy is if they were used to strangle Mariah Carey. Then, maybe (just maybe) I could be convinced to give them a second look.

But even then, I wouldn't be attaching them to my buttocks. I'd probably just frame them, light a couple of candles and chant.

Or...is that just me?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Canadian newspaper was it? The Daily Moose? The Bi-Weekly Mounties Sentinel?

Anonymous said...

Geez... was it really from 2007???
to make matters work i accidently clicked on the picture and an enlarged version appeared on the screen....Not only is the chick in the middle wearing white tights.....she has a G-string over the top!!!!!!!!!!!!
MangoLick

Girl Clumsy said...

Surely that's a joke?

That old Canadian sense of humour?

Otherwise their fashion sense got lost somewhere east of the Rockies...

Cheers, Natalie.

Jenny Wynter said...

Mr Anon - Hardy-har-ha.

Mango Lick - Look before you click, baby. You're lucky you weren't blinded instantly.

Girl Clumsy - Actually, on closer inspection the store advertising it is none other than...American Apparel. Figures!

Anonymous said...

Yeah but, no but, yeah but... I was serious, sort of! One of the joys of travelling overseas is buying the local papers.

Next time you're in New York, grab a copy of the Wall Street Times, the New York Times, the Sun, the New Yorker, Time Out New York, the New York Post and The Onion and you're set. (Set to piss off a lot of environmentalists, that is.)

I bet you'll find out in a day or two that leotards are Canada's national costume...

Anonymous said...

Do they call it a moose toe in that country?

Jenny Wynter said...

Anon - I hope not!! The paper was a street mag, I think it was called ffwd? Basically an arts/culture one. With leotards on the back. Ehem.

Leon - LOL. ;-)

Gemnastics said...

goodness, that's a hell of a wagon she's draggin'. little too much junk in the trunk to be wearing white tights i think.

Jenny Wynter said...

I was kinda torn between 'well I guess it's really cool they're putting REAL women in ads' and 'I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'D MAKE HER WEAR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Anonymous said...

I Can't Believe It's Not Flubber (tm)! Now selling in all good lyotarderies!

Jenny Wynter said...

Hehe, you'd better register that quickly!